Monday, April 9, 2012

Blah

As you can imagine, diabetes can make simple situations more complicated.

For example, I haven't been feeling great for the past few days.  I developed a rash on my back, only on one side.  Thought I had a tag on a shirt that was irritating it but that wasn't the case.  Showed it to a nurse at work and our wound care PT.  Both thought it was just a contact rash, but PT said to watch out for shingles. 

Great.  Wouldn't be surprised, since my immune system seems to suck.  Consulted my BFF's husband who is a resident, and he didn't seem to think shingles.

Anyways, I'm running a low grade fever and generally feel crappy.  To top it off I watched my blood sugar rise from 129 to 179 without eating a thing in hours, well after my fast acting insulin would have worn off!  Which of course made me panic.  This is all still so new and so much affects blood sugar and there's so many things that could possibly be of concern when you're sick and have diabetes.  The BFF's hubby also assured me nothing I told him was overly concerning and to keep an eye on my numbers and call him later if needed.

Stayed at my parents for the night, since my hubs is out of town, and neither them (nor I) were wild about me being home alone in this unknown situation.  Plus, until recently I really had a fear that I'd die in my sleep (more on that in another post).  I'll go to the doctor tomorrow and take a sick day from work and make sure this rash is nothing.

XOXO,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment